You thought you were rid of us? Too bad, Scratchovision time! The worst song contest returns – you do have time on your hands, right? Maybe you should wash them.
GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING. Dear gods, are we doing this again?
A couple of updates, including some new stories…
Prepear to fear for your ear once more, because Scratchovision is happening again! If you didn’t participate in any of the last three, that sentence may fill you with questions. Allow me to answer some of them…
First of all, Series 2 is happening and is being worked on right now! I have to say that because otherwise I’ll lose interest and cancel the whole thing, which would be a shame because I’ve come up with some really funny (I hope) ideas.
In other news, I’ve finally got round to sorting out the main page for EC. It now has a less-early-on-I’m-scared-people-won’t-like-this introduction to the series as well as a list of episodes, including some exciting hints as to what’s to come in Series 2!
As for when Series 2 will be released… well, it’s hard to tell. The holidays are starting on Friday, but I have less time than I thought I had due to various trips and stuff. I could start it now, but I haven’t even written drafts for the scripts for each episode (they all have at least one thing I’m gonna put in them, but some really don’t have much at all), and the series would have a bunch of breaks.
It might take a while, but Series 2 will definitely arrive at some point!
While the blog technically begins here with the previous post, I’m going to be adding posts from the previous aliensandthings.tk blog, which will appear as old posts. I’ll try to preserve their original form, so I’ll keep notes on them here:
- Welcome: Short welcome post from the old blog.
- New portal: Obviously, the site no longer exists. I have no idea if archives or even just screenshots of it still exists, since I barely remember what it looked like. Nothing significant was there, just links to various accounts I had at the time. I thought I’d put it here for “completeness” (read: a laugh, barely any posts from the old blog have been kept). In an incredible coincidence, this was reposted on the exact time the original was, two years minus six days later.
- Starbound: Chase! gamemode: Starbound is a game that’s a bit like Terraria in space. Back then, the game didn’t have a hardcore mode (it does now, but it’s not the same as my idea), so I made one up and did a couple of videos on it before it fell to the Curse of Episode 2*.
- Untitled Doctor Who story: This one I do actually vaguely recall. I made it up for my younger brother to pass the time in the car. As such, it will not be very good quality.
- A joke: Self-explanatory. The joke isn’t.
- Untitled Doctor Who Story 2: The sequel to the above (not sure how much it continues the plot) that I wrote later. I completely forgot what this was and have very little recollection of what it’s about and how I wrote it. It’s probably awful, but I can just about bear keeping it on here.
- free animal: Writers’ Bloc is the school writing club. Free writing is where you write utter rubbish to clear your mind, then throw it away. It doesn’t work for me. For some reason I typed this up and published it on my blog. Very strange. “animal” refers to the alphabetical naming system I used.
- Four Notes From the Fields of War: A poem for my school’s annual National Poetry Day poetry contest. Not much else to it. I think I still have the earlier drafts it mentions. Somewhere. Does anyone even care?
- The Rain Remembers: And another one! This likely came about from me wanting to use what else the theme “remember” could mean, since it was intended to mostly be WWI related (2014 was 100 years since the war’s beginning).
- Stuff is happening: And just for a laugh, here’s the final ever post on Blog #2. I was experimenting with Polymer to make a new blog. Aww. As you can see, it didn’t work out.
Note that not everything has been migrated as some stuff I don’t really want to keep. Oh, and there are a few stories I’ve written for /r/writingprompts that I’ll have to try to track down and put on here.
*The Curse of Episode 2 is the peculiar effect that most series I start on my channel don’t make it past episode 2. This is still true. I should be recording and uploading another episode of Fire Emblem: Midnight Sun, but instead I’m writing this. It’s probably because I record two episodes in quick succession, get them uploaded, and then the third episode might get recorded but will fall to some editing problem, procrastination, or otherwise giving up.
Hey, I’m whizzer and welcome to the new new new blog! But to you, this is just the new blog! Or probably just “the blog”!
Yes, I’m onto my fourth blog. This one, though. This is the one. This’ll have all the content.
Let’s break down how the others died:
- “whizzer0’s blog”: I only just discovered this one’s existence today whilst looking through my old old blog. I’m guessing this was hosted on Blogger, but I don’t think it still exists, and according to my past self “I had nothing to put in it”. So yeah, it sounds like this was dead on arrival.
- “absolutely whizzer” v1: Hosted on Blogger and ran for a bit of time with some posts. I will migrate the posts from there that I’m not too embarrassed about onto this new blog. This one died because Blogger was far too limiting and I wanted to move to a platform I could actually control the whole of. It was a public blog, but can no longer be accessed due to its domain (aliensandthings.tk) expiring into the void and its backup URL (whizzer0.blogspot.co.uk) no longer working for some reason.
- Untitled WordPress.com blog: http://whizzer0.wordpress.com exists but is empty and I vaguely recall signing up for it. I wouldn’t count this since, well, it was never used.
- Codename “Artificial Multiplex”: This was supposed to be for a specific project with a general blog on the side, but it got too messy and I decided to just start over with this one. Besides, the domain expired and I’m not sure how to recover it since gwiddle doesn’t let me change the domain. While technically public, I’m pretty sure I never linked anything on there.
So that’s it. We’re here now. And we’re here to stay.
I’ll be posting all sorts – writing, design, guides, maybe comics, and other stuff.