While the blog technically begins here with the previous post, I’m going to be adding posts from the previous aliensandthings.tk blog, which will appear as old posts. I’ll try to preserve their original form, so I’ll keep notes on them here:
- Welcome: Short welcome post from the old blog.
- New portal: Obviously, the site no longer exists. I have no idea if archives or even just screenshots of it still exists, since I barely remember what it looked like. Nothing significant was there, just links to various accounts I had at the time. I thought I’d put it here for “completeness” (read: a laugh, barely any posts from the old blog have been kept). In an incredible coincidence, this was reposted on the exact time the original was, two years minus six days later.
- Starbound: Chase! gamemode: Starbound is a game that’s a bit like Terraria in space. Back then, the game didn’t have a hardcore mode (it does now, but it’s not the same as my idea), so I made one up and did a couple of videos on it before it fell to the Curse of Episode 2*.
- Untitled Doctor Who story: This one I do actually vaguely recall. I made it up for my younger brother to pass the time in the car. As such, it will not be very good quality.
- A joke: Self-explanatory. The joke isn’t.
- Untitled Doctor Who Story 2: The sequel to the above (not sure how much it continues the plot) that I wrote later. I completely forgot what this was and have very little recollection of what it’s about and how I wrote it. It’s probably awful, but I can just about bear keeping it on here.
- free animal: Writers’ Bloc is the school writing club. Free writing is where you write utter rubbish to clear your mind, then throw it away. It doesn’t work for me. For some reason I typed this up and published it on my blog. Very strange. “animal” refers to the alphabetical naming system I used.
- god animal: An actual story from Writers’ Bloc. Sadly, I’m not going to keep it. There’s lots of other stuff I haven’t kept that isn’t on here, but I just wanted to make it clearer what was going on with that one above. There are stories from Writers’ Bloc that you will see.
- Four Notes From the Fields of War: A poem for my school’s annual National Poetry Day poetry contest. Not much else to it. I think I still have the earlier drafts it mentions. Somewhere. Does anyone even care?
- The Rain Remembers: And another one! This likely came about from me wanting to use what else the theme “remember” could mean, since it was intended to mostly be WWI related (2014 was 100 years since the war’s beginning).
- Stuff is happening: And just for a laugh, here’s the final ever post on Blog #2. I was experimenting with Polymer to make a new blog. Aww. As you can see, it didn’t work out.
Note that not everything has been migrated as some stuff I don’t really want to keep. Oh, and there are a few stories I’ve written for /r/writingprompts that I’ll have to try to track down and put on here.
*The Curse of Episode 2 is the peculiar effect that most series I start on my channel don’t make it past episode 2. This is still true. I should be recording and uploading another episode of Fire Emblem: Midnight Sun, but instead I’m writing this. It’s probably because I record two episodes in quick succession, get them uploaded, and then the third episode might get recorded but will fall to some editing problem, procrastination, or otherwise giving up.