The mystery attacker is revealed in this comparatively very long conclusion to the first multi-part story!
And we’re back! Picking up where last week’s cliffhanger left off:
Hello and welcome to a new series! The idea is that it’s a series of Fire Emblem conversations set in the Smash universe, but vaguely in the style of a sitcom.
I’m concerned that this first one isn’t funny enough, which is why I’m publishing the first two in quick succession.
(Oh, and I’ve set alt-text, but it doesn’t seem to be showing up. Anyone know how to fix this?)
While the blog technically begins here with the previous post, I’m going to be adding posts from the previous aliensandthings.tk blog, which will appear as old posts. I’ll try to preserve their original form, so I’ll keep notes on them here:
- Welcome: Short welcome post from the old blog.
- New portal: Obviously, the site no longer exists. I have no idea if archives or even just screenshots of it still exists, since I barely remember what it looked like. Nothing significant was there, just links to various accounts I had at the time. I thought I’d put it here for “completeness” (read: a laugh, barely any posts from the old blog have been kept). In an incredible coincidence, this was reposted on the exact time the original was, two years minus six days later.
- Starbound: Chase! gamemode: Starbound is a game that’s a bit like Terraria in space. Back then, the game didn’t have a hardcore mode (it does now, but it’s not the same as my idea), so I made one up and did a couple of videos on it before it fell to the Curse of Episode 2*.
- Untitled Doctor Who story: This one I do actually vaguely recall. I made it up for my younger brother to pass the time in the car. As such, it will not be very good quality.
- A joke: Self-explanatory. The joke isn’t.
- Untitled Doctor Who Story 2: The sequel to the above (not sure how much it continues the plot) that I wrote later. I completely forgot what this was and have very little recollection of what it’s about and how I wrote it. It’s probably awful, but I can just about bear keeping it on here.
- free animal: Writers’ Bloc is the school writing club. Free writing is where you write utter rubbish to clear your mind, then throw it away. It doesn’t work for me. For some reason I typed this up and published it on my blog. Very strange. “animal” refers to the alphabetical naming system I used.
- god animal: An actual story from Writers’ Bloc. Sadly, I’m not going to keep it. There’s lots of other stuff I haven’t kept that isn’t on here, but I just wanted to make it clearer what was going on with that one above. There are stories from Writers’ Bloc that you will see.
- Four Notes From the Fields of War: A poem for my school’s annual National Poetry Day poetry contest. Not much else to it. I think I still have the earlier drafts it mentions. Somewhere. Does anyone even care?
- The Rain Remembers: And another one! This likely came about from me wanting to use what else the theme “remember” could mean, since it was intended to mostly be WWI related (2014 was 100 years since the war’s beginning).
- Stuff is happening: And just for a laugh, here’s the final ever post on Blog #2. I was experimenting with Polymer to make a new blog. Aww. As you can see, it didn’t work out.
Note that not everything has been migrated as some stuff I don’t really want to keep. Oh, and there are a few stories I’ve written for /r/writingprompts that I’ll have to try to track down and put on here.
*The Curse of Episode 2 is the peculiar effect that most series I start on my channel don’t make it past episode 2. This is still true. I should be recording and uploading another episode of Fire Emblem: Midnight Sun, but instead I’m writing this. It’s probably because I record two episodes in quick succession, get them uploaded, and then the third episode might get recorded but will fall to some editing problem, procrastination, or otherwise giving up.
Hey, I’m whizzer and welcome to the new new new blog! But to you, this is just the new blog! Or probably just “the blog”!
Yes, I’m onto my fourth blog. This one, though. This is the one. This’ll have all the content.
Let’s break down how the others died:
- “whizzer0’s blog”: I only just discovered this one’s existence today whilst looking through my old old blog. I’m guessing this was hosted on Blogger, but I don’t think it still exists, and according to my past self “I had nothing to put in it”. So yeah, it sounds like this was dead on arrival.
- “absolutely whizzer” v1: Hosted on Blogger and ran for a bit of time with some posts. I will migrate the posts from there that I’m not too embarrassed about onto this new blog. This one died because Blogger was far too limiting and I wanted to move to a platform I could actually control the whole of. It was a public blog, but can no longer be accessed due to its domain (aliensandthings.tk) expiring into the void and its backup URL (whizzer0.blogspot.co.uk) no longer working for some reason.
- Untitled WordPress.com blog: http://whizzer0.wordpress.com exists but is empty and I vaguely recall signing up for it. I wouldn’t count this since, well, it was never used.
- Codename “Artificial Multiplex”: This was supposed to be for a specific project with a general blog on the side, but it got too messy and I decided to just start over with this one. Besides, the domain expired and I’m not sure how to recover it since gwiddle doesn’t let me change the domain. While technically public, I’m pretty sure I never linked anything on there.
So that’s it. We’re here now. And we’re here to stay.
I’ll be posting all sorts – writing, design, guides, maybe comics, and other stuff.
[2016-03-24: I thought I’d track down old stories I wrote for /r/writingprompts… I remember linking each story to each other in the original posts, but apparently for this one, the only one I could remember enough of to track down, I didn’t do so. The only other one I can remember was about someone… I think their mum disappeared? And somehow they ended up on Mars? Wait, there was something to do with a wallet or a photo or something, that was the prompt… Maybe I’ll be able to find it.]
test post please ignore
The second and final poem for this year’s National Poetry Day contest! This is for the expert category – a haiku. The theme this year is Remember.
The Rain Remembers (haiku)
Rain is summer’s bane
Rain falls from the clouds above
Rain soaks the world below
Rain holds memories
Rain holds lives and secret thoughts
Rain will remember
Rain is remembered
Rain sticks to our minds like glue
Rain affects our thoughts
Rain can bring sadness
Rain is like tears on your face
Rain is misery
But rain can bring joy
Splashing through the soggy streets
Rain is happiness
Of all rain has seen
Happy memories will stick
The rain is joyful
EDIT: Added the word “Four” in the title to clarify the poem.
First poem for the National Poetry Day contest! This year’s theme is Remember.
If anyone’s interested in reading older drafts of the poems, just say in the comments and I’ll put them up.
Four Notes From the Fields of War
War marches on,
Every day and every night.
When the war began,
It was nothing – over by Christmas.
Look at us now – our
Lives have been upturned.
Rain pours down on my lands
Everywhere you look.
My armies are at stalemate
Even though one must win.
My fields are stained with
Blood, all across my once-green grass,
Everything now grey or brown – but for the red –
Rain will wash it away.
The heat of battle is intense –
Here a shot, there a shot.
Every shot could hit its target,
Me or someone else.